Recipes & Suggestions
Green Tea Cookies
Green tea cookies make great treats. Why not add a little matcha to your favourite cookie recipe or start out by trying ours.
- 225 grams butter
- 110 grams sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 350 grams flour
- 2 tablespoons food grade matcha
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in the matcha, baking soda baking powder and flour. Mix well until you have a soft dough.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out flat and cut your cookies with a cookie cutter.
- Bake for 10 minutes on gas mark 6 / 400°C
Super Easy Green Tea Ice-Cream
Don't have an ice-cream maker, or looking for a really easy way to make delicious green tea ice-cream? This is it.
METHOD & INGREDIENTS
Take one tub of ice cream, leave to stand for 30 minutes until soft.
Add one or two tablespoons of matcha (depends on how matcha-y you want your ice cream), stir into ice cream until well blended. Refreeze.
This recipe works great with an flavour of ice cream. We recommend trying vanilla, banana or strawberry.
Banana Green Tea Smoothie
At the MatchaFactory it’s been a long held belief that banana and green tea go together perfectly. This is a recipe for an easy to make smoothie that’s the perfect way to start any day.
This recipe uses a frozen banana. The use of a ripe frozen banana means you don't need ice, which means that you can make a genuinely delicious smoothie without the need for sugar. If you want to make this into an ice-cream simply add more banana and less milk.
One frozen banana
250ml milk (alternatively try almond or soya milk).
1 teaspoon of Matcha
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Adjust ingredients to taste. Why not try adding other fruits, chocolate or vanilla?
Green Tea & Banana Loaf Cake
Adding Matcha to your favourite loaf cakes is a great way to add a fun healthy twist to your baking. This recipe is adapted from an easy to bake banana cake, but you can try any cake recipe and simply add between 1 tsp to 2 tsp of matcha or more too taste.
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 125 grams of butter
- 2 very ripe mashed bananas
- 190 grams self raising flour
- 1-2 tsp of matcha
- 60 ml milk
- Vanilla pod (optional)
- Grease pan melt butter, sugar, and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from heat add bananas and mix well.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Stir in the flour, matcha and the milk.
- Pour into the cake tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunch topping if liked.
- Bake at 170 C or Gas mark 3 for 35 mins or until ready.
- Leave to cool.
Green Tea Latte
Put 1 tsp matcha (to taste) into matcha bowl or teapot, add a small amount of hot water (75C or less), mix and then add sugar or honey (to taste). Pour matcha mix into a cup & top with 3/4 of a cup of warm milk.
Try using different kinds of milk. Almond and soya milk work great, as do the flavoured versions of these dairy substitutes such as vanilla and strawberry. Using substitute milk products will also prevent any reduction in polyphenols benefit caused by caseins in dairy.
Green Tea Chicken
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbs (30ml) olive oil
For the Marinade:
- 1/2 tsp of matcha
- 2 tbs of fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup of ground lemon grass
- ¾ tsp of salt or to taste
- ¾ tsp of light brown sugar
- 2 tbs of orange zest
- 2 tbs of lemon zest
- 2 tbs of freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp of ground cumin
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together.
- Cover the chicken breasts in the mixture and leave to marinate for a least two hours.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sear the chicken on both sides.
- Transfer the chicken into an ovenproof dish and cook on gas mark 4 (350F/ 180C) for 15 minutes or until meat cooked.
Green Tea Butter
This is a recipe for an easy to make matcha butter that you can use to marinate or cook with. So far we've tried it with chicken and the results were that it tasted good and look very visual impressive.
- 2 tsp matcha
- 20 grams butter salt to taste
- Melt butter.
- Remove butter from heat.
- Mix in matcha and salt.
This easy to make salt is a great way to add a bit of fun to your everyday cooking. Matcha Tea is easy to make and can be used on a variety of dishes. We think it makes a great visual and fun addition to your eggs in the morning or alternatively try sprinkling a little on your favourite chocolates.
1/2 tsp matcha
2 tbp sea salt
Either in a food processor or grinder mix the ingredients and grind for a few seconds. Finished.
What makes this receipe especially good is that the viatmin C in the lime juice increases antioxidant stability in your gut and help you absorb more.
- Leaves of 8 fresh mint sprigs
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp of matcha factory matcha
- 1 bottle white champagne or dry sparkling wine
- Grind the mint and sugar in a blender.
- Add matcha and lime juice, blend again.
- Spoon the mixture into a pitcher.
- Slowly pour the chilled champagne over the blend.
- Stir to mix.
- Serve over ice.
Matcha and White Wine Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp matcha
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp crushed dried tarragon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Melt butter into a small saucepan and heat over a medium flame.
- Add ¼ cup of chopped onion, and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the matcha, heavy cream, tarragon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl then add the mixture to the pan..
- Bring to a light boil.
- Put on a medium low heat and stir gently for 5 minutes.
- Great served over chicken, rice, and potatoes.
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp of matcha
- 4 cups of water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of uncooked rice
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of cornstarch
- Pour tomatoes, matcha and water into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan, bring to a light boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, salt, saffron, green pepper, paprika and cornstarch.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice, cover and leave on medium low heat for 25 minutes.
- Great with chicken and vegetables.